NGK is seeking a Full-Time NOx Sensor Test Technician for its facility in Deer Park, Illinois. Candidates that are currently attending school or recently graduated, with emphasis on chemical sensors and automotive electronics, are encouraged to apply.
The NOx Sensor Test Technician performs the necessary tests to maintain, analyze, and confirm NOx sensor functional specifications and technical design of customer returns by performing the following.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Other duties and responsibilities relating to laboratory operations may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities are not restricted to in house labs but will also reach to tests in external research laboratories or customer facilities.
• The Test Technician sets up, adjusts and operates equipment, instruments and utility devices and other equipment which are necessary for the operation and evaluation of sensor returns.
• The Test Technician tests NOx sensor operation and other items relating to the NOx sensor operation by the equipment aforementioned.
• The Test Technician records test results, prepares graphs and charts and writes test reports.
• The Test Technician prepares necessary documents for laboratory operations such as operation manuals, safety manuals, ISO/TS documents and OSHA documents.
• The Test Technician maintains and cleans working areas, facilities and devices in the laboratory relating to NOx sensor.
• The Test Technician calibrates laboratory instruments relating to NOx sensor.
• The Test Technician designs, if necessary, and procures necessary parts, and fixtures for NOx sensor testing.
• The Test Technician prepares and arranges shipping, receiving and delivery for necessary parts, fixtures, equipment and consumption articles, etc. for laboratory operation.
• The Test Technician attends technical meeting as necessary with customers, company partners (Continental), and NGK Novi, MI. office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
•Associates or Bachelors Degree in technical background (emphasis on chemical sensors and automotive electronics).
•Schematic and PCB experience preferred.
•General knowledge and experience in the following: power, ground, and signal distribution; analog and digital circuit design; interface circuits and protocols, and data acquisition software and hardware.
•Ability to read, interpret and write documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
•Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and statistics.
•Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• While performing the duties of this job, the Test Technician is regularly required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
• The Test Technician is occasionally required to sit.
• Manual dexterity is required for handling sensitive lab equipment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Test Technician could occasionally be exposed to risk of heat and emission of burners in the lab or at outside locations.
• The Test Technician may be frequently exposed to noise of air flow and motors of utility devices.